Panel session on 'Fast Data' @ Intel Network Partner Builders Day
The Linux Foundation's Fast Data (FD.io) is an open source project established earlier this year with the aim of building a cross-platform I/O services framework so that developers can rapidly develop the sort of high-throughput, low latency services that are required for (amongst other things) Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV). FD.io (Fido) is hardware-, kernel-, and deployment-agnostic so can run on physical servers, virtual machines and containers.
This distinguished panel - brought together at a recent Intel Network Partner Builders Day - discussed the vision and scope of the project, how it relates to and complements other open source efforts and where FD.io members are taking it in terms of proposed work items.
- Sanjay Aiyagari, Senior Solution Architect, Red Hat
- Eric Carmès, CEO & Founder, 6WIND
- Lauren Cooney, Sr. Director, Strategic Programs, Chief Technology & Architecture Office, Cisco
- Joel Halpern, Distinguished Engineer, Ericsson
- Yunsong Lu, Principal Architect & Director, Virtual Networking, Huawei
Moderated by: Jim St. Leger, Software Marketing Manager, Intel
Filmed at: NFV World Congress, San Jose, 2016